Thursday, April 30, 2009

So I started to paint the cabinets

On Monday. I painted the fronts of seven cabinets and the surrounding areas. On Tuesday I decide to see what staining was going to look like. I figured if I stayed on one wall then I'd be safe, see if I liked it first. I mean, I was doing this project on my own, no one offered to help me. Phish, and it was my first time ever staining too. So I needed a test run, right? Tuesday my grandpa says he'll help me stain the rest of the cabinets because its the hardest part. So today, Wedneday, we stained 14 cabinets, 11 drawers and 2 lazy susans. I sand papered every bit of those woodworks. My fingers are in pain, my backs at a cramp, and my shoulder is tense. Tomorrow, we will stain the surrounding areas of the bottom portion of the cabinets. And hopefully be able to put the cabinet doors back on by the afternoon. Then perhaps star painting the rest of the cabinets, 20, +2 since I made a mistake. I sanded from 830-330, with a 30 minute lunch. So pardon me for my following rant:

My dad is sitting in the kitchen tonight. There is no television right now because well the kitchen is under renovation. My father says to me, why haven't you painted the cabinets yet, we need the counter space. I said, Grandpa wanted to do the staining first because its the hardest. His reply, He didn't say that. I said, Yes he did (thinking in my head, wtf you think i'm lying you untrustful father figure you are). I say, okay if you want it done why don't you paint it or help. I mean, I bet if he did the painting, the job would have been done much faster. I mean, I'm pretty sure he is a painting contractor. He is professional and I am a novice. I am doing it because no one else will. I think he has no right telling me how fast I should be painting and how I have to get thing done. If he was aware that he is also living in this house then maybe perhaps he would have enough sense to realize that he could help too. He could help out with the daily chores around the house, instead of hanging out with his adoptive family every weekend. I have no qualms with you not being home on the weekends, but when you start to dictate how I should be doing things in the house you don't even seem to have any concern with, well them boo to you. You fail.

1 comment:

  1. i give you a lot of credit for doing all of those on your own!!! i know it will be beautiful when you are finished! :) it will be worth your cramps and pain...hopefully i come home to see them!

    ReplyDelete